So why am I a lazy personal trainer?


I LOVE WORKING OUT. I LOVE DONUTS. I LOVE RUNNING 5Ks. I LOVE LAZY TV NIGHTS WITH JFBs (SEE MY LINGO LIST).


CAN I POSSIBLY BE A HAPPY, HEALTHY PERSON WITH SUCH CONFLICTING PASSIONS?

I'm trying! Follow my quest to OVERCOME LAZY!

Monday, June 10, 2013

40 Sucks... I mean, ROCKS!

'Nuff said.

In just less than one month the world – my world, anyway – will cease to exist in the way I want it to… a way which has amicably harbored me under the aegis of my indomitable youth, rife with the blithe notion that tomorrow never comes nor with it the need to pay the piper.

What monumental travesty could I possibly be referring to? 
I’m turning stinkin’ 40!!!!!  Forty!!!  Four-Oh!!!

Am I being a tad melodramatic? Is my dismay a bit exaggerated?  I really don’t think so…
I know, I know, age is just a number, right?  Well, try telling that to my aching joints, slowing metabolism, gray hair and wrinkles! 
Seriously, as I saw 40 looming in the future these last few years, I thought, “No biggie.  My age doesn’t define me. My 40s are gonna ROCK!”  But now that the unpalatable anniversary is breathing down my neck… I’m kinda freakin’ out, man!
I declare that I’m experiencing a midlife crisis.  No joke.  I’m about this close to chopping off all my hair a la P!nk.  If money was no object I’d be plastic surgery-ing it up, big time.
But, instead, I am going to channel all this absurd insanity into something productive and beneficial for myself and, possibly, others.  I’m declaring my entire birth month a celebration of being awesome.  You can be awesome at any age, right?  I’ve seen it, so I’m gonna do it.

Each week of July I’m going to do something awesome in order to Overcome Lazy at 40.  For example, week 1 will be a vigorous hike with some fellow kindred adventuring high school/college friends in my hometown.  Another week will be a paddleboarding excursion, another week, a yoga retreat and for the final week… I’m still deciding… just something simple like mountain biking or zip-lining or base jumping (Ha!)

If this is what 40 looks like, I can't wait for 50 to come...
because they'll probably have way more advanced photo shopping and instagram-ish technology by then!
Anyway, I’m going to put the shout-out via another facebook challenge to anyone of any age to join me so watch for the deets.  Your summer might be great this year, but mine is going to ROCK!  
And then I might have to take August off.  Did I mention K turns 40 in September…  Heaven knows what he has planned.

2 comments:

  1. Epic things, that's what I have planned. 49 more years worth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sharon, you are a rock star! I envy you!

    ReplyDelete